Search This Blog

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Can it? Could it?















The 2006 Citysearch’s Best Coffee voting result is in, and my beloved Intelligentsia finished second behind Savor The Flavor Coffee House. Can this be true? Can this place’s coffee be better than Intelligentsia? Earlier this afternoon, I made a special trip to check out this year's winner.

Savor The Flavor Coffee House sits where Lincoln, Sheffield, and Wrightwood meet. It turned out that Savor The Flavor uses Intelly’s beans, that explains it! My iced coffee was refreshing for the warm summer afternoon. The owner and the staff were friendly and taking their time to make sure each customer is well taken care of.

I think Savor The Flavor won the Best Coffee award for its customer service as its #1 priority. I didn’t say that Intelly’s staff is not friendly enough, it is quite the opposite. This voting thing is more of a popular award. Whoever can get the most people to vote for them wins. No more and no less. Metropolis coffee finished in 5th, and I know their coffee can easily beat the #3 and #4.

The editor’s winner is Julius Meinl Café. Its pastries are awesome, but I can’t say the same about its coffee…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Steve, (spnakr007)

I'd like to buy one of your latte art photos for commercial use. Would you consider licensing on a piecemeal basis?

Please contact me at jlcintenn@comcast.net

Thanks,

John Chambers

(I love "Wall Street", where else could you see Michael Douglas as a greaser, Martin Sheen as a humble aircraft mechanic, and John C. McGinnley as a nervous, smarmy supporting character... wait a minute, he plays that part in every Oliver Stone film... never mind. - JC)

Steve said...

Hi John,

Feel free to use any latte art you like. Do you have a coffee shop? If you do, can you tell me where it is?

Cheers,

Steve

P.S. How about that speech that GG gave during the Teldar Paper annual shareholder meeting? That was the meat and potato of this awesome movie!

Anonymous said...

spnakr007 has the best photos ever

i occasionally write for citysearch and they are a very good company/employer. but you are right about these "best-of" polls being about "the popular vote". unfortunately, mainstream opinion does not always guarantee quality. (crap like mcdonald's, kentucky fried chicken, etc etc would rightfully FAIL miserably!)

Steve said...

hehe, thanks tg...Check is in the mail...