Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2007

500 Horsepower Club - AMG CLK63 "Black Edition"













Pictures from autoblog.com.


A quick snap from Edmunds Inside Line:

"the CLK63 AMG Black Series is modeled on the company's F1 safety car. It is distinguished from the standard CLK63 AMG launched late last year, by an aggressive new lightweight carbon-fiber body kit. It consists of a deep front spoiler, heavily flared wheel arches, additional ducts in the front fenders, new side sills underneath the doors and a reprofiled rear bumper and trunk lid lip spoiler. It's powered by a 500-horsepower version of Mercedes-Benz's 6.2-liter V8....Drive goes to the rear wheels via Mercedes-Benz's seven-speed 7G-Tronic automatic transmission, with remote shift paddles on the steering wheel.

Mercedes-Benz claims a 0-60-mph time of 4.1 seconds, a good half-second faster than the standard CLK63 AMG, with top speed limited to 186 mph."


Dang, I would love to drive this car!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This car reminds me of the CLK DTM which I just saw last week at the VCR car meet in Calabasas, Ca. while I was I installing my new Mercedes strut mount in my garage.I would to totally go for one if it will be reasonably priced...

Steve said...

CLK DTM is one sweet car, even better than that diamond-covered SL550 : )